The cost of rent has gone up significantly. This is especially true in Central Business Districts (CBDs) such as Makati, Ortigas, and BGC.
It is important to ensure that all spaces are utilized properly or efficiently.
One of the most common issues that creep, and are mostly ignored with office growth are paper archives.
Cost Analysis of a Filing Cabinet (on-Premise)
- Filing cabinets as minimum occupy about 1 square meter (sqm) each. About .5 sqm for the cabinet itself and another .5 for a person to be able to open it.
- Current rent rates in the CBDs are from 600 to 1000 per/sqm.
- Each filing cabinet will cost on a median scale about 800 per month or 9,600 per year!
- Try counting how many you have.
Cost Analysis of Off-Site Storage
- Each filing cabinet contains about 2,500 pages per drawer (Approx 1 document box).
- The cost of 1 document box for offsite storage usually costs about Php 15 per box.
- A 4 drawer filing cabinet can be stored in 4 boxes.
- The total cost for storage is 4 x 15 = Php 60 per month, or php 720 per year!
Find out how much it costs you
- Do a survey of your filing cabinets, count them, multiply versus your rental rates + any other cost associated with your rent.
- Find out which cabinets contain active files and archives, maybe re-organize your files to separate them.
- Do a cost analysis between On-Premise and Off-Site storage, it might save you a lot of money.
The Archive One Team